AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone!? Looking at the Silver market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 10/15/2010 00:39 (#1395303 - in reply to #1395006)
Subject: Ted Butler

Pittsburg, Kansas

I would suggest going to Ted Butler's site and click on the free archives tab. He is probably the foremost expert on silver. If you are really interested in investing in silver I would recommend a subscription. The market has really started moving lately and if a short squeeze starts in the Comex things could get out of hand in a good way if you own silver. Retail supplies are still available with fairly low premiums but commercial supply at the Comex and LBMA is reportedly very tight with delivery delays. If you are going to invest I would not wait too long. Here is one of Teds old letters that says a lot about the situation.

Kitco has some interesting information on their site with live prices and ok to deal with but their shipping adds quite a bit to the price of bullion. Northwest Territorial Mint has good prices on silver as they are an actual mint and have their own coins and bars as well as mint for Pan American. They are out about 10 weeks on delivery of bullion now because of demand. Free shipping and insurance.

I would personally avoid SLV for silver investment as JP Morgan is the custodian and also the biggest naked short seller of the metal.

SIL is an ETF for silver mining stocks and has been on a tear.

CEF Central Fund of Canada holds about half and half dollar wise gold and silver bullion  and is audited so they actually have the metal. It is also structured so it can be claimed as capital gains if held over a year. Gold and silver are considered collectibles instead of an investment so are not eligible for capital gains.

Just a few things off the top of my head.

John

Edited by John Burns 10/15/2010 00:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)