AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It's about time some of the high yld predictors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Newguy
Posted 10/10/2010 22:06 (#1390793 - in reply to #1390483)
Subject: RE: It's about time some of the high yld predictors

Renville Minnesota

Our first field according to the "liar box"  (local deere mechanics word for Yield monitor).  We do have a scale on the cart to keep it honest.

U of M has a sulfur study on this field also.  So Im fairly confident (90% maybe?) this field went a bushel or 2 above 200.  Last year same field (been corn for 6 years) went 165 - 170..... Not a great year for corn on corn here.

15% moisture outa the field in the bin.  This was on a 385 acre feild, corn on corn, total average.  92 day Wensman, Which is Very early maturity for our area.  

Took another field today on last year bean ground, dekalb 50 series number, I think its a 100 day, to my surprise, wasn't much if any better.  I was finishing neighbors beans while the bossman and bare bones crew took out corn, so can't tell ya anything other than the corn was around 15-25 bu better than last year (today), but without a doubt, 100% better quality!!!!

Im in the crowd that is saying  "kinda thought it would be better, but am in no way dissapointed"....  Combines are hitting all time high capacity's with this weather.   If it holds, this corn harvest that just started, will be over in a flash.

There WILL be piles on the ground at most all local elevators, due to a good above avg crop, but mostly due to high mississippi water levels not letting barges do their thing out of Savage  (main MN river grain terminal)

FWIW:  Sulfur is paying BIG time according to that plot.

PS: I don't think Northern crops will make up for the Southerns loss, but will help "dampen the blow".    Its hard for me to be a roarin Bull........  but cannot deny whats happening.

Edited by Newguy 10/10/2010 22:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)