AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chris,, how is the gory pic, bbq'd hand, Update?? nt.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 10/10/2010 18:26 (#1390452 - in reply to #1390430)
Subject: RE: Chris,, how is the gory pic, bbq'd hand,

East central Iowa

It sounds like all is well now and I hope that is the case.  I've had a "few" mishaps in life and this didn't seem like a big deal but I was just flummoxed as to what to do with burn.  My wife always wants me to go to the doctor but that gets costly and sometimes sitting in the waiting room I pickup something from some sick person.

Once I was drilling a 1/16 hole in an SK Wayne socket tool box and was pushing for all I was worth.  The little drill bit was bending and I wasn't paying attention to where my hand was that was holding the box.  Finally the bit shot through and continued through 2 fingers.  I had a friend that was a doctor and called him to ask him if I really needed to come in as I thought all he would do was put a band aid on it anyway.  

He said I'd better come in.  I was about 14 miles from his office and by the time I got there he'd run home and gotten a drill.  When the nurse led me into the room he was standing there with a surgical mask on and the drill going.  He said I probably can't fix what you drilled but I can match up the other fingers.

To add insult to injury my mom looked at it and saw the damage to the 2 fingers and listened to my explanation.  She shook her head and said, "why didn't you stop after you went through one finger?"

Edited by Chris 10/11/2010 08:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)