AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help please... aphids/asian bettles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 10/8/2010 23:56 (#1388826 - in reply to #1388696)
Subject: RE: Help please... aphids/asian bettles

Chebanse, IL.....

"bug bomb".

I can't think of the correct name of the product, but it's one of those aerosol cans that really spits into the air. You're supposed to vacate the house for several hours while the product is doing it's work. I used the bomb this spring in a house that was just alive w/the beetles. At first I thought I had killed them, but then a few days later I noticed them crawling up out of the trim areas again. I looked down into the crawl space of the house & realized that was their home! So, I set off another aersol bomb in the crawl space & that did them in. Gone forever...or so it seems. I'm sure they'll be back someday, but I'm sureprised at the job it did.

I'll try to find a canister tomorrow. I just bought them at a local Menards store. I don't think it's deadly poison to humans, but the instructions warn you to let the house air out sufficiently before re-occupation. Don't forget about the pets.

I understand these beetles are supposed to be a helpful creature, but we don't need their kind of help. If they want to live outside, that's fine w/me. But, they do not belong INside my house with me! When they crossed that threshold (literally), they signed their death warrant. Sorry.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)