AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers can be so stupid revisited and I guess I am naieve.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 10/8/2010 07:28 (#1387891)
Subject: Farmers can be so stupid revisited and I guess I am naieve.

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!
I will try to keep this short. I cleaned up the mess and delivered the grain yesterday morning. The equipment was setting and I saw no one else. I finished the day hauling my own crop into a local elevator. Several people had seen the mess and asked me about it. I told the story quite a few times and am shocked at the responses. The language and the berating, not scale damage is the issue, A couple said they are treated like that on a regular basis. Some saw nothing wrong with "chewing" someone out like that. Most everyone said they know several people that treat or get treated that way often. Other than a drunk in a bar I had never heard a string of expletives directed at a person put together like that. I had no idea that "decent" people behaved like that. I am shocked and sorry that some people have to live/work in those conditions.
Anyhow the neighbor flagged me down on the road last evening. It ended up with a couple of 60+ year old men standing alongside the road crying. His wife told him he has become much worse the last six months. He's going to the Doctors today for a physical and counseling next week. I am glad he is but honestly after what others told me I am about as upset as I have aver been about the human condition in general. Guess I have rose colored glasses.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)