AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pissed with the firefighters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 10/8/2010 04:16 (#1387842 - in reply to #1387737)
Subject: Re:when i said stupid farmers i ment the ones who ....

West Union, Illinois

Fredneck - when i said stupid farmers i ment the ones who dont know anything about the FD... They dont know about engine transfers standbys mutiual aid and things like that.. the way they where sounding if there was a fire in ones distrect there the only ones to respond... Its nothing like that....
Fredneck, Take a deep breath, calm down, and SHUT THE **** UP!

You do not influence people by calling them stupid ... at least not positively.  You do not influence people in a text based exchange by using poor grammar, poor spelling, and using run on and on and on blocks of text with no punctuation or breaks.

And you obviously have never paid much attention to the number of people on this forum who are involved in the fire service in some way.  There are firefighters from all across the country on this forum.  Mostly volunteer, some with many years of experience.  Often with a vantage point totally different than someone else's.

Yes, the incident involved was unfortunate.  Human life was not threatened so the people in charge made the best decision they could with the information they had in their situation.  Was it the right decision?  Looking back from here, Yes.  The property owner was in an unserved area and chose not to subscribe to the service.

And before you start going on about an oath, the responding personnel involved did have a responsibility ... to the taxpayers and service subscribers who provide the funding for their departments.  It is an unfortunate situation that the property owner put them in.  I'll almost guarantee nobody responding wanted to stand by and watch the home go up in smoke.  As a firefighter that would be harder than fighting the fire.  The property owner should never have put the firefighters in that position.  He made a decision and everyone had to suffer through it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)