AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pissed with the firefighters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

fire575
Posted 10/7/2010 22:45 (#1387586 - in reply to #1386987)
Subject: RE: Pissed with the firefighters

As I'm sure you all can admit, we all make mistakes. The firefighters I'm sure have 20/20 hind sight just like the rest of the arm chair quarterbacks on this site. Now maybe the fire dept. should have put out the fire even if the home owner did not pay the dues. Then, the dept. should have sent them a bill and charged for the manpower and equipment that was on the scene. There is a state standard here in IL. that says what a dept. can charge. The next best thing for the dept. to do would be to get rid of the dues and pass a referendum for taxes. That would provide a better service of all of the people in the service area. As far as the helicopter and ambulance thing, helicopter's are a higher level of care then most ambulances. There are differant levels of care for ambulances, however even if an ambulance service is at the paramedic level helicopter's are higher then that. Some times the paramedics need to transport the pt. by helicopter for a number of reason's some of which would be falls from 2 times the height of the pt., rollover accident, death in the same passiger compartment, long transport time to a level 1 truama center, and they are much faster. Some times we need to remember when we are putting down the local fire dept.'s that the most important people to the firefighters are them. This may sound selfish, but if the firefighters get hurt then who help's the public? Then the firefighter's are going to worry about people, so pets then come last. Yes, I know that pets are part of the family too, however we as firefighters don't like getting killed at a fire for pets!!!!!!!!! And if I remember correctly this was a mobil home. Maybe some of you should go study some building construction and look at it from the firefighter's stand point! If you have any questions about the fire srevice please feel free to ask me. I have 10 years in the fire service and have been an emt and paramedic for 9 of those years. Be safe with harvest! Nick
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)