AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Major Screwup ... What's your First response?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

95h
Posted 10/7/2010 10:24 (#1386999 - in reply to #1386925)
Subject: RE: What's your First response? Take a deep breath,

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

Count to ten, and give the brain cells to get into gear and functioning. Then have a logical response.

Anybody can have an emotion reaction takes no logic or thinking skills.

Had a guy I was supervising (old ago) did something incredibly DUMB. The subsequent actions by other's just exaserbated the poor decision the guy made. The guy knew he had screwed up majorly, and created a huge mess.

After all the results of his poor decision were resolved, sat down to councel and provide guidence for his future decision making....

It consisted of, "well,, how did the decision you made turn out?" (followed by his recounting all the *hit he put everyone through)  My response was  "well, I think we just about covered the situation, about making poor decisions without considering the results, huh?" 

The guy was devastated, looked at the floor,  took him couple of weeks before he could talk to me and look at me.

IT is all about the person who made the mistake. Some people have to be "donkey punched" to get the point across.   Some will get the point right away.

Thing about being Boss is,, have to be a good leader and good supervisor.

Any moron can be a "manager" takes zero leadership skills and few functioning brain cells.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)