AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who is a member of AAA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BigNorsk
Posted 10/7/2010 08:43 (#1386876 - in reply to #1386414)
Subject: RE: Who is a member of AAA

Rolla, ND
I had it at one time. What I really hated was that you were supposed to call the AAA wrecker. Well when you are on the road, you don't have a phone book handy. So you call the 800 number for AAA. Then they would sit there with you on hold forever, and finally they would come back on and say they couldn't get one, so go ahead and get any tow truck. Well that was sure wonderful the one time I was standing in the rain by a pay phone without a phone book.

Then here's the fun part, after you used them they would beseige you with letters and such saying how if you actually use the service well the price will have to go up and it's sure a problem and such and if you use it more than twice in a year they would just have to cancel you because it wouldn't be fair to all their good customers who never use the service and so on. I kind of felt put out that I had paid for several years and then get all that just for using them once.

I got real tired of that real fast.

Talked to a tow truck operator on the problem of getting a AAA tow truck and he told me they had an agreement so they pay the tow truck very little. He said he was thinking of dropping it, but the way he used it is if the call came and it was convenient he took it. If he had lots of calls the AAA waited until last.

If it's the type of thing you like, check your auto insurance company, many of them offer a similar thing and it's generally less than AAA.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)