AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers can be so stupid.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 10/7/2010 07:16 (#1386765)
Subject: Farmers can be so stupid.

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!
My neighbor has/had a part time helper. He works early mornings at a regular job and shows up when they need him at noon. He takes two weeks of vacation during harvest to help full time. He takes better care of the equipment than the owners do and even goes there in the off season to clean and wax for no charge. He's been doing that for 12 years that I know of. He has also helped me on numerous occasions. He has a great wife and kids and she even brings meals to the field some times. I help them harvest in a few large/long haul fields. They have a new 1040 walking axle grain cart. They had a lot of scale trouble with their old 840. We stopped for supper and "John" and I were talking about the cart and how It worked and he mentioned that the scales sure didn't jump around as much running across the field on this cart as it did on the 840. The"boss" heard us and blew up. He said he couldn't believe anyone would be dumb enough to leave a scales on while running across a field and that was why they had so much trouble with the last one and just generally cussed him out and fired him on the spot. I'm not proud of it but I lost my temper, opened the traps on my truck and drove home. I'm going over to apologize for my stupidity this morning and clean up my mess but I am sure not looking forward to it. I don't need to work for them and "John" will have another job by noon if he wants it. Not one of humanities finer moments.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)