AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

load of hay = no pay now what?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dirtpour2
Posted 10/6/2010 22:32 (#1386450)
Subject: load of hay = no pay now what?

eastern Kansas
I screwed up and let a laod of hay leave the yard without a check in hand. I knew better and it will never happen again but here i am. They had bought hay from us before and paid promptly and I let him convince me the check was in the mail but here we are six weeks out and still not check. THe phone numbers i have don't seem to work anymore but we have corresponded by text and has given every excuse fom, the office people should have sent it, I will run it down etc. Today though have not got a text back from them. Only other info i have is a fax number, address, name and company name. What would you do at this point? What legally can I do? If it matters it was across state lines and he is in Texas. Considering faxing another bill with a note saying "Without prompt payment I will be forced to take other actions" or something. good idea or not?
Like i said I know it shouldn't have done it this way he is a smooth talker and I guess sometimes until you have actually been taken and felt the sting you just have to learn yourself. So please don't tell me how stupid this was and you would never do it I already know that! thanks for any good ideas
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)