AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Young Farmer Dillema.... looking for advice?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pvfarms
Posted 9/24/2010 17:33 (#1372751 - in reply to #1371562)
Subject: Re: Young Farmer Dillema.... looking for advice?

Northwestern Minnesota
Most of you will not agree with me but here goes ,starting out you need all the breaks you can get,try to get all your equipment refinanced with FSA sure you need to jump tru hoops but the lower intrest rates will help you get on your feet ,dont leverage yourself too high, My daughter is with FSA she is sharp on numbers she wont let a penny get away without being acounted for she is 28 a realtor and has farmed 6 years she wants to get to a bank someday soon but she knows she has some more paying down to do I wonder if some of you who dont like FSA were involved with them in the 80ies I was it was no fun if you were there no one wanted to have any dealings with you because FHA had all your property, they treated me ok but I made lots of mistakes I was ignorant on policy i am mainly bank now but i have been good experence for my daughter on guidence[not control] my daughter wanted to have less crop coverage she said it was too much .I asked her if you had a crop failure would you survive on your coverage? she got the better coverage
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)