AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Home schooling kids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jakescia
Posted 9/24/2010 12:09 (#1372509 - in reply to #1372490)
Subject: So, we're still down to the entire quality control process rests on decisions of 1-2 parents??

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

Those parents have to have the capabilities of recognizing when things are "getting out of control".........and then having the time and wherewithall to know what the next step should be, and when it should happen??

Can absolutely work.......can be far better than public..............depending upon the individual parents.............but, just like farming, it's a long time before the next production cycle becomes available if one screws up the current crop.    Or, a better example might be the custom cutter vs the farmer who does his own-----------custom cutter might move fast and leave a little more, but if the farmer who does his own is not as adept at running the machine, or suffers repairs and downtime------------which is better???    

Won't know until it is too late to do a "do-over".

My kids were effectively home-schooled-----------since their mother did not allow them to screw away their time at home---------home was essentially an extension of their school day, and they got their free time only after they fulfilled their "academic duties".   Sports was very influential and predominant-------but never overshadowed the academic side----------the boys just understood (and reminded when necessary) that in order to participate, the grades had to be acceptable............and anything less than a A was to be explained, and less than a B was unacceptable.

Our household.............as are many..............was also very "academically orientated", due to me bringing a lot of work home, and my wife eventually being a teacher while the boys were still in school............so, the enviroment was probably a little more structured than maybe a few others.

So............it kind of gets back to what I said earlier..........it all falls onto the "teachers" and the allowed learning environment................................and playing the odds of decisions being the right ones at the right time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)