AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

slowing to pass farm equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bowtieighth
Posted 9/24/2010 00:21 (#1372001 - in reply to #1370928)
Subject: You are not alone!

Bethany, MO
When I'm coming up behind you, I will get in the other lane so I can watch for oncoming traffic. I'll look for turn signals, mailboxes, signs, etc. that you might have to deal with. I'll stay in the other lane and drop onto the shoulder if I need to. I won't kick off the cruise if I don't need to and you will have forgotten about me very soon.

I passed 3 combines pulling 35' heads, 2 grain carts, 2 semis and 1 service truck last weekend in one shot. About half a dozen fellow motorists were trying to do it at 21 mph. Do you have any idea how long it takes to pass a vehicle running 19 when you're running 21? JEEEEEEZ! I only had to slow down to ~25 once in the mile it took to git-r-done. Never got out of the passing lane.

I talked to the boss in the front combine the this week and told him I hoped I hadn't upset anyone. He said he was getting a play by play from the back semi. He kept hollering on the radio, "That red Tahoe's still coming, he's still coming". When I passed the front combine, the boss told him, "You know who that was don't you? That was Chuck, he's been through this stuff before!"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)