AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Home schooling kids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sokota
Posted 9/23/2010 17:52 (#1371369 - in reply to #1370937)
Subject: RE: Home schooling kids

Hayes Sd
This is our ninth year of homeschooling. We love it and will most likely homeschool through high school. Our list of reasons is long and quite varied. We are associated with a group of homeschoolers in town which is 60 miles away, as well as networking with other very rural homeschool families. The reasons and results among these families are also extremely varied.

So it comes down to the individual family. You can be as successful or unsuccessful at raising your kids as you choose to be, regardless of your school choice. There are negatives to both homeschooling and public school, and it takes diligent parenting to counteract those negatives.

I am extremely encouraging to anyone who is interested in homeschooling. It is a lifestyle choice as much as an educational decision, especially since our kids are raised on a farm/ranch. Our children will grow up to be different because of being homeschooled. But children who are directed towards violin and chess lessons are going to be different than those who are encouraged to be star athletes too. It takes all kinds.

If I can answer any specific questions for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)