AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A very lucky man (snapping roller accident)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 9/22/2010 20:56 (#1370146)
Subject: A very lucky man (snapping roller accident)

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I got a call from a good friend today & said he was involved in a farm accident after dinner today. This guy is a retired deputy sheriff that works part time for a farmer part of the year. They were harvesting corn & the corn head had some stuck corn stocks in one of the corn rows. The combine operator was engaging the corn head in & out of reverse trying to un-stick it when my friend reached in to grab the stuck stocks & has he grabbed the stock it broke loose & it sucked his hand into the stock rollers. Luckily the operator shut if off right away. They got him out of the rollers & took him to the local emergency room. Luckily he only suffered some cuts & severe bruising with no broken bones.

I told him he wasn't lucky to have this happen to him but he was very lucky man it could have been alot worse. I told him my dad had 1/2 of his pointer finger taken off from a snapping roller when he was a young man & I knew of a man not far from me that lost his arm 1/2 way up to his elbow the same way.

I never get within two feet of the gathering chains running on a corn head. Every time I'd get close to one I would think of my dad & neighbors accidents. Now I have one more to think about.

BE CAREFULL out there guys!

Edited by IOWAMARK 9/22/2010 22:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)