AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Commodity Sale Contract--Legal Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Redman
Posted 9/21/2010 01:27 (#1367915 - in reply to #1367768)
Subject: RE: Commodity Sale Contract--Legal Question

SW Saskatchewan
I also had made a contract for the sale of feed barley to be hauled out within a week back when I still thought we might be harvesting more than ice cubes.

And the written contract I received had the same sort of changes relieving the grain company of having to take delivery-just every 90 days they had the option of delaying the delivery and an option to renew the contract.

This was nothing like the verbal agreement we had made so I burned up the phone line and let them know in no uncertain terms the would NOT be taking delivery of my Barley or any other grain in the future. I was thinking I needed the bin space pronto and that was the reason for the sale.

Another grain company took delivery and emptied my bins-they remain empty!

Maybe I should have renegotiated with the first company---by now my barley would be a lot more valuable.

They do have a recording ofthe phone conversation---and they reluctantly agreed that the written contract was not the same as the verbal agreement.

Maybe the three day rule MIGHT cut you out, but I bet they have a recording of your phone call and if it shows any monkey business, I would believe that would be the primary influence on any judge deciding the case.

But more likely they would crumble if you stood up to them

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)