AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deja Vu All Over Again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

yoohoo
Posted 7/15/2010 09:49 (#1274188 - in reply to #1274146)
Subject: Re: Deja Vu All Over Again

NE IOWA/ SE SD
Corn in my area (N.E. Iowa) continues to look great, beans are a little poorer depending on planting date and drainage. I noticed this week you able to see exactly where tile are at in a lot of bean fields.

Drove out to South Dakota again last weekend. made a loop, out on 90, back on 18. Corn looks pretty darn good...a lot had tasseled last week...and most had nice color. Yes there were a few bad looking fields (mostly around Spencer, IA) but the biggest surprise was how good some of the corn in SD (Sioux Falls and south) looked. A good chunk went in early, and it looks good....some even tasseled already. Anything planted after the rains started in late may (I think) has struggled....including a lot of beans.

As far as new hybrids are concerned....I really don't know.....nobody knows....every year is unique and it keeps us guessing.

The demand picture, however, can be watched closely...which you do a great job of. Knowing who our large consumers are (livestock and Ethanol) their margins need to be watched as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)