AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm out of step
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 7/8/2010 16:47 (#1265433 - in reply to #1265397)
Subject: Re: I'm out of step

North Central Illinois
I didn't say the crop was below average. I said I thought it wasn't anywhere near last years crop. Last year was near a record wasn't it? You are correct that there are areas where the crop is well watered. Trouble is that most of those areas are missing a few acres out of fields that normaly aren't missing acres. By pointing that out am I deeming the crop a failure? I don't think so. I'm merely pointing out that while there may be a lot of good crops out there many fields have a little that will not produce. That doesn't add up to a record crop nor does it spell crop failure. The posts you mention are guys venting. The condition of their crops are very real to them even if maybe they don't represent the condition of the nations crop. Cut those guys some slack. If your fields are under water or burning up it is pretty hard to look at the crop rating every week and see all the good to excellent ratings. Its an emotional thing for a lot of guys and I can sympathize. BTDT. I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing you. I'm not looking for a fight. I just think you are being a little premature in your assumption that we are headed for another record crop with low prices. Weather over the next six weeks will tell the story. I appreciate the dialogue. Good luck to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)