AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Markets coming to grips with reality.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

p-oed Farmer
Posted 7/8/2010 08:51 (#1265089 - in reply to #1264694)
Subject: Re: Markets coming to grips with reality.......

Hi Mark...... The crops around here are a tail of two worlds...... We have had a lot of rain in parts of the state...... The light ground looks as good as it can........ But it is in the 90's here for the last few days and the light ground is going the other way fast........ The better ground that has good tile is as good as it can be....... Most of the guys around here sidedress there corn so n loss for the most part not a problem today....... If I were to guess today we will be right at our normal yields on both corn and beans........
I would agree with you on the market trading a big corn yield....... I would say that last week they were trading the upper 160's........ IMHO...... We can not get that big unless we get lots of rain and cooler weather........ HEAT kills the top end of yields........ This market has not done it's job of ensuring enough acres to be sure that there was enough production this year...... The corn end user will pay a big price for this I am afraid....... If we drop to 158-160 yield...... (Not a disaster by any stretch)....... We will have to slow demand some at least........ p-oed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)