AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lanworth's crop guess might be right after all
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Everett
Posted 7/7/2010 16:42 (#1264208 - in reply to #1262695)
Subject: Re: Lanworth's crop guess might be right after all

SE ND
I think we all have made marketing decisions we can look back on and say we messed up(or enter your own phrase). As far as the volatility goes, yes it is hard to stomach at times but I for one think that it has given farmers more opportunities to lock in profits above their cost of production. I think that yes we have to look at the past for advice on our future, but we also need to look at our paperwork for what are breakevens are, understand the insurance programs, and make sales based not on what you think the high will be, but what will keep you in buisness not only now but far into the future. I would rather be a single hitter still in the majors then a home run hitter in the minors(even though sometimes I would not make the tee ball team).
I think this hedge fund market is going to be a player for some time to come. They do not care what the fundamentals are, they look at the technicals and have the money to back up the trades they make to drive the market. I almost think that there are 5 or 6 large Hedge Fund managers sitting around a dinner table every night in New York discussing which way they are going to drive the market in the morning. And yes they definately have the money to do it.

Edited by Everett 7/7/2010 16:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)