AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Like to meet and talk with Ken?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

GAW46
Posted 6/30/2010 07:35 (#1255510 - in reply to #1254874)
Subject: Re: Like to meet and talk with Ken?

Since there is a lack of direction to what state of the union Beck's conference room is located. I doubt I will be in attendance

P.S. I am sure people that know Ken, think he is a really sharp marketing person, including myself
Problem is, would have to be in winter for me. I have full schedule for the entire 9-10 months that I use to make a living at this biz
Nobody should expect to make a living working spring and fall, only. Don't forget, one has to book time for family and holidays
If Ken is willing to talk 2011/12 production prices, and grain possibilities in general, in the winter, then I am an interested customer
If he has something better to offer,
I am about to sell some 6.00 SRW, soon as it is ready to harvest
Contract is available to anybody that cares to have a look
I can also show you some 6.64 July 2012 SRW, 5.00 2011 SRW if you think that is a one time only pricing thing
And lots of 5.00 plus corn, yet to be delivered .StartsJuly 2010 delivery, Have been delivery some already
2011 is at 5.00 for corn. Beans went at 10.00, slipped up some on the beans, should have had closer to 11.00
I did not sell as much corn for 7.00 as was possible, so I do miss some opportunities
I would likely be a spot of trouble for Ken, so I will not be the problem. Can't keep quiet, in sessions like this, spoils it for others, with too many questions
Did anybody know there was a cash bid for 2012 SRW available last week. I already had my 6.64, so I did not sell more than I produce
If you don't have a hedge acct. and unlimited margin call funds available, might want to think about what this meeting will do for you
Just some things you will learn about from Ken, or should learn. Make sure to ask if any of the ideas could be thought of as spec,
as in, would an elevator do the same thing, operating on margin for profit. Offsetting buying and selling the same day, with exception of the float
Please do not think you can enter, exit and re-enter, unless you want to spec, no matter how good it looks. Market can move 10 in a day, an hour, and then what do you call that
Learn the basics and then adapt to your farm., for the most part, we are producers and need to learn basic marketing skills
Make sure you go slow on the option thing until you have had some experience with that route. It can be costly
I know of some that thought they had a good thing in wheat. By the time they paid the margin and 2.00 basis, they had a net selling price of 1.00/bu. at harvest
Ask Ken how to avoid that senerio. Unless you are willing to risk the possibility, or use expensive options

However, a good plan can net 100-150/acre more or less than your neighbour. $200.00 is cheap if you learn how to do it
Today's producer needs to know how to do that, or something more than your neighbour.
The farm next door is your competition, and then things get more complicated, and perhaps, somewhat, beyond your control
Ask a hog producer, what can happen
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)