AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is inflaton coming?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mark, ncIA
Posted 6/15/2010 23:28 (#1238693 - in reply to #1238339)
Subject: Re: Is inflaton coming?

ehoff,

Hindsite, what it is, I wish I'd have loaded the boat ~10 years ago on gold too. Wasn't smart enough, clever enough, or enough of a believer then, besides being undercapitalized throughout much of the run. The goldbugs that put their money where their mouth was are certainly doing OK. I'm not jumping in with both feet at this stage of the game, to each their own.

Historically, many think of PM's as an inflation hedge & the bug pundits are sure selling at such today & last ~3 years+. Can't turn on a right wing tv or radio show without being lambasted by the bullion brokers. Makes me wonder?

Bad policy? Plenty of that. Performing well during the recent low interest rate environment? Or could it be that the hot money, and nearly every other money available since the last gold bull, had finally taken off chasing the stock market, which had worked well until this last ten year period of negative stock market returns? Dunno, could be one or both, and/or that commods were all undervalued vs. nontangibles during that time frame. Energies and some others have faired better than the PM's, a bit tough to store $50K worth of oil in your pillow case though. Investors are a fickle bunch.

"because there is NO way to pay off the debt" Who says we have too, besides the Austrians? (that's a serious question, btw) I have to pay my debt, my state does too, because we can't print money legally.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)