AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is inflaton coming?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

farmerbyron
Posted 6/15/2010 15:35 (#1238087 - in reply to #1237993)
Subject: Re: Is inflaton coming?

Oklahoma
I just bought a laptop, have noticed that somehow the value of a used truck has gone up, buy farm inputs such as diesel and fertilizer nearly daily, and groceries every week. Diesel and fertilizer are certainly cheaper than a couple years ago, but they are relatively more expensive in relation to the price of grain. At this point I would rather have $8 wheat and $4 diesel than $3.30 wheat and $2.20 diesel. I don't know how you have managed to avoid rising costs, especially for parts, to not see prices going up on most things.

If this government spending leads to deflation, then they have quite a racket going. They can only raise taxes so much but they can print all the money they want. So they can create deflation by spending extreme volumes of money they don't have and then cover it by printing a currency that is worth more because of deflation. You and I both know that is a quite a juxtaposition. You cannot have both deflation and 50-60% of GDP govt. spending. Its going against the laws of economics.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)