AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

THE IF'S & THE CALENDAR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 6/10/2010 13:06 (#1231738 - in reply to #1231158)
Subject: Re: THE IF'S & THE CALENDAR

Not particularly impressed with any of the grain stuff today. did more vxx and waiting for a little farther down in gold to snag some more.

Am curious about the weather prospects but its a long pull until August & reminds me of the days I considered myself a big shooter....was long a boatload of beans (had them bought right) & decided to stay long (in August) on a friday versus taking my profit (fool) as I was hearing so many horror stories from the Delta area. I grabbed the spouse & since our plane was a turbo & I wanted to cover a lot of area, I arranged to lease W.S.'s (Memphis) jet so I could get there a tiny bit faster......Willard asked a pretty strong fee but I thought...'what the heck.' ...Took a nice tour of the soy areas & dropped down at a spot in Arkansas to have a couple of drinks of fancy bourbon with a couple of rice grower friends.....we all relaxed as I felt flush.....by the time we hopped back onto the plane & once up in the air the pilot & co-pilot forewarned us it was going to be a rough flight as they were going to vector around 60,000 foot thunderheads (headed north) ..It was pouring rain when we arrived at Meigs & I was getting self mentally prepared for a limit seller Monday opening. Such experiences have made me much wiser about weather & soybeans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)