AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Ideas Out There To Improve Church Giving?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Cornstalk1
Posted 6/7/2010 20:54 (#1228105 - in reply to #1227876)
Subject: Re: Any Ideas Out There To Improve Church Giving?

Midwest
Having been there and done that, I feel qualified to talk about this a little bit. First of all, what is the membership size, membership age . What are the managerial skills of the members and what is the condition of the building. If you do not have a sufficient membership or are composed of low income members, you are limited from the start. If the church building is expensive to maintain and has high utility bills, you are fighting an uphill battle. If you conducted long range planning and did not come up with a viable plan, you will not raise money very well. I guess what I am saying is really step back and look and your self in a peer review context. Do not try to do something that is not possible. Churches open and close all the time. It is neither a failure or a success to be involved in one that either closes or opens, It is merely filling a need that exists out there. I have belonged to a church that was always strapped for cash and I have belonged to one that was not. I think the difference was people want to belong to one that has successful program and outreach. They will pay for a great church. People tend to not ante up if there is nothing to ante up for.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)