AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you read one financial book this year.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/7/2010 20:15 (#1228079 - in reply to #1228051)
Subject: RE: Thanks ~ financial impact . . .

Pittsburg, Kansas

I would have no problem loaning you a copy but I'm afraid the shipping both ways would kill most of the savings Frown

I usually wait for the paperback versions to reduce the cost (or even buy used on Amazon) but after researching this one a little thought the timeliness of it was important enough to go ahead and get it.

Also, I never give out my own personal copy because of the possibility of not getting it back. In my own books I use lots of highlighter fluid so it is easy for me to reference back to key points should I want to look them up again and I also make notes to myself in the margins. Some of my old investment books I have "pretend" portfolios when I was learning about stocks. A couple of years ago I went back and looked up how they would have done had I actually invested. At the time they would have done really well but not sure about now. Anyway, non-fiction books become references to me.

Actually I don't read fiction. There is far crazier stuff goes on in the real world than what any novelist could make up LOL.

John

Edited by John Burns 6/7/2010 20:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)