AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you read one financial book this year.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/7/2010 16:50 (#1227936)
Subject: If you read one financial book this year.......

Pittsburg, Kansas

If you read one financial book this year make it this one.

Profiting from the World's Economic Crisis: Finding Investment Opportunities by Tracking Global Market Trends

by Bud Conrad

If you think this is just another investing book and you have nothing to invest so you will just skip it think again. Publishers often change a books title to make it more catchy and current to sell more books. This book is really 90% educational on our economy and the banking and political system that controls it and only 10% investing.

I try not to over-hype posts on this forum and stick to things I know about and try not to exaggerate. If there is one book I wish every US citizen would read this year and every school child above 8th grade exposed to it is this one. Even if you disagree with the 10% of the book involving investment advice the other 90% is outstanding with easy to understand charts and explanations that even this dumb dirt farmer can understand. It is chock full of official government data as well as other data but presented in an easy to understand form. The author is very good about separating his opinions and facts and pointing out his bias so a reader can easily see if his own bias agrees or varies from Conrad's. Often times authors to not do this and it is up to the reader to discern the bias being injected into the text.

Avoid reading this book at your own peril.

Available here at Amazon as well as at other on line sources. I think this will end up being a best seller and most likely a reference book for years to come. Lots of statistical information in an easy to understand format with down to earth explanations.

I'm ordering 10 copies to give to my kids, key employees, and other people I care about. Even a couple of copies for my bankers. It is that important and good.

John

Edited by John Burns 6/7/2010 20:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)