AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PF 3000 with Raven 440
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/15/2006 03:26 (#12257 - in reply to #12189)
Subject: RE: PF 3000 with Raven 440

Pittsburg, Kansas

When the 440 sends information back to the PF3000 the swath width is part of that information so the PF3000 knows the proper swath width without you manually entering it in the PF3000. Becky in our office or Trevor in the field sets this stuff up so I am going off a very bad memory but I think somewhere in the Raven setup you need to have "logging" turned on. Or maybe its in the PF3000 - not sure. Ted will come on here and give you the straight story. There is something you have to turn on in the setup to send/recieve the data to the PF3000.

Just a tip - we use Ravens in at least a half dozen applications. Some use ground speed, some radar, all have different cal and swath width numbers. At least one has a different valve cal number. If you have a memory like mine (bad) it is a real bear to try and remember all this stuff over night, let alone to the next season. We have made up a "cheat sheet" with all the setup settings for every possible menu choice and any other pertenant information in a spreadsheet for every vehicle/application and keep a copy in each tractor and truck that we use Ravens in. Saves having to re-invent the wheel every spring and fall. 

John

Edited by John Burns 5/15/2006 03:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)