AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tenderized round / need recipes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

SOILcattleman
Posted 6/4/2010 19:29 (#1224580 - in reply to #1224364)
Subject: RE: tenderized round / need recipes

West Salem, Illinois
chicken fried steak

2 eggs beaten and milk (enough to cover steaks, I usually use a pie plate so 1/2 inch or so)

seasoned flour - don't know where your at but at some of the local grocery's there is a red box that says Kentucky Colonel's Seasoned Flour, if you can't find it Google Emrils Essence (that bam guy on the food network) mix a good portion into regular floor and you've got seasoned (note that essence stuff can be fairly warm)

set oven to about 300, Trim all the fat from the tendrized round, dip in seasoned flour ( really work it in all the cracks and stuff) dip into egg and milk mix and back into flour to really coat it well. Have a heavy skillet with a little oil 1/4 inch or so pretty warm (trick my mom taught me, take a pinch of the flour and sprinkle into the skillet if it starts to fry its ready) brown both sides. pull steaks from the skillet and place on a plate with paper towels and kind of dab the extra grease off the top side then place the steak on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven repeat until all the steaks are cooked. Leave steaks in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes this keeps them all warm also they don't dry out in the skillet (remember just get them a like a light carmel in the skillet)

While your waiting for the 10 to 15 minutes on the oven I use the remainder of the flour and make gravy. My kids like to have smashed potato's with cf steak, they like the gravy on there potato's and also the steak. My wife likes it with country bob's or A1, also I like to make extra and have a cf steak sandwich the next day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)