AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

25 questions about the economy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Brian Smith
Posted 5/27/2010 09:52 (#1215562 - in reply to #1215181)
Subject: If you answer these objectively vs a D or an R

While I understand the possible boiler room thought. I disagree.

Let's look at these strictly on a Marketing Perspective.

1. Having this many people on Food Stamps and thus limiting their food consumption hurts the American farmer in that we have now limited how much that group will purchase. Thus the government (whomever is in charge of it) has limited consumption. Has it not?

2. Falsifying information to the public is creating an opportunity for another collapse. If investors are believing the information that is being put forth by both the media and the government and investing based on this information, then they are again being sold a sham?

3. This goes with #2 in that again people are reinvesting in the big banks when in fact they are still hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate - why? Should we be shorting them? Tough call since they are still being backstopped by - well me.

4. This is assuming that the real estate on the books of the banks is legitimate. However, the truth is that they are not recorded on their books at a fair market value (mark to market) and estimates are the real value is upwards of 1 trillion dollars over stated - shudder. Therefore, should we be shorting the bank's stocks - after all in reality they are insolvent if they were forced to tell the truth.

5. I think we are already seeing this indirectly. We are printing large quantities (electronically) of US $s. Yet (outside of the last 2 weeks) oil prices have risen, but not demand?

6. Yes, maybe (probably not) that they are finally waking up in that idiotically run state. Most likely this is a play to get the Feds - me - to step in and bail them out.

7. Long term it will be fantastic for the economy.

8. Bad, but how do I bet against this on a macro level? Wow that hurts to type that.

9. See #2 and then answer why is anyone believing this fraud and investing in agreement with this information.

10. Kind of a rhetorical question I think.

11. Going to miss that estimate by about 4 years. See http://www.usdebtclock.org/

12. While I don't disagree that this is a real problem and needs to be addressed sooner than later. I strongly doubt that the problem will affect that area longer than 1 year. Let's look at the environment - warm (lots of bugs to break it down) and huge - (disperse quickly). This is just media drama and people trying to get a big check.

13. See #4 - this is just a drop in the bucket

14. Same question as # 13

15. Beeeeee the flat-line sound of a heart monitor. Therefore if you have cash - look for bargains

16. What does that say about our government that it is allowing this? Both Rs and Ds have culpability in this.

17. That has nothing to do with the economy. That is just poor planning.

18. Out your back door is not an indicator of the country. While this is an awful statistic it is also realistic - have you ever been to Detroit? Who the heck would want to keep a business there. The city itself is the real 50% unemployment problem they have not the economy.

19. Duh

20. Pointless statement

21. I don't understand the question. What do the two questions have to do with each other?

22. OK, but what are we supposed to do with this liquidity?

23. Redundant with the rest of the real estate points.

24. Depends on your perspective. As a consumer no, as a supplier yes. However, this is mostly related to the printing of money. Which is an indirect way of raising taxes

25. This is a good thing. It's time for those to individuals, banks, and businesses to clear the system so that we can move forward. This has to happen to truly fix this economy.

While this whole list is sarcastic it does have some valid questions - when looked at objectively - and should be considered for all investing rationale.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)