AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

25 questions about the economy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 5/27/2010 00:45 (#1215312 - in reply to #1215260)
Subject: RE: 25 questions about the economy.

I rail against deficit Keynsian spending.. although I admit that this recession.. needed some pump priming.

I was against the Obama "re-election slush fund" otherwise known as the "Stimulus" because I saw it more as a political ploy than an economic one.

However, there is no question that the amount of assistance in food stamps or aid to the states has helped people pay the bills and states to narrow the gaps in their budgets.. These points even I would not argue.. Yes food stamps are helping.. the only problem is that these fiscal policies are unsustainable... just ask Greece.

The whole gambit has been that the economy would improve in time to "pay the bills".. just like a gambler "hitting the jackpot" with the final coin. It may still happen... but color me skeptical.

I don't believe the fiscal side of the equation has improved the economy... just helped to fight the symptoms.. As pointed out.. who is going to start a new business around food stamps??? Now with out a doubt.. food stamp assistance has helped struggling families "survive" the down turn... but at some point you need GROWTH!! The broken leg must be set and mended.. the food stamps are the aspirin to fight off the pain... but the aspirin won't set a broken leg.. although it may help ease the pain.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)