AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

25 questions about the economy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Matt NCOK
Posted 5/27/2010 00:07 (#1215260 - in reply to #1215181)
Subject: RE: 25 questions about the economy.

I can only respond to #1..........I would venture to guess that 75% of those enrolled on food stamps don't really need them...they use them either because that is all they have ever known, or because they figure they might as well get in on the freebies. There are a lot of people who earn enough money to buy food, but choose to spend that money elsewhere and let the American taxpayer foot the bill for their groceries.  

Funny how many people on food stamps have cell phones, sat. TV, DSL,..................the list goes on & on.  

I admit, there are people who truly need it to survive, but they aren't the majority.

I guess I can answer #21 as well.  There will always be have's & have not's.  Some people will always have more than others.  Individuals are the only ones who can change that. There is nothing govt. can do to alter this reality short of making sure nobody has anything....even that doesn't work because administering will have more.   The constitution affords equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.  Those 40% have the same opportunity as everyone else,  what they have chosen to do with it falls to them.

Edited by Matt NCOK 5/27/2010 15:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)