AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any good stock plays
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illini Corn
Posted 4/26/2010 11:53 (#1175302 - in reply to #1175225)
Subject: Re: any good stock plays

PWE - Penn West Energy will pay you every 30 days & is currently over 8% annual dividend. This is also a great hedge against rising fuel prices.

DRYS - shipping sector was beat up hard when everyone slowed building & producers of goods decided to let inventory (both inputs & products) dwindle. Now, businesses are restocking the reserves & keeping ships moving. Additionally, the shipping companies have been forced to 'trim the fat' and at the same time have been able to increase rates.

FEED - Want to play Chinese livestock...http://www.agfeedinc.com/

Banking - As much as everyone is tired of hearing about banking, I DO like regional banks. Midwestern Regional are obviously preferred over Scottsdale, AZ or Naples, FL. I was a holder of MBTF until the end of last week & given today's performance, should have held on for more! Watch for more action like this out of small regional banks - the local money that was scared out of the market over the last few years is hungary for gains on something they understand & the banks have shown time and again that once crisis passes, they will return to profitability..... that is, until the next time someone comes up with a new way to 'make even more $' & gets banking in trouble again! And I am still holding BUSE - Strong insider ownership & once Florida wounds are healed, should prove to be a strong Midwestern bank.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)