AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For the non believers of charts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 4/24/2010 19:37 (#1172995 - in reply to #1172572)
Subject: Re: For the non believers of charts

A good Used Book Store will generally have: WDGann Info, Walt Bressert Info, R.E. McMaster Info, Elliott Wave Principles, Theory of Whirling Circles & of Course "Larry Williams" who wrote a book 'How I made a million dollars (system) & a few years later wrote a book "How I lost my Million" with suggestions on what to avoid...---from my 50+ years these boys keep writing books, selling videos, dvd's & etc. etc. if these systems were so great, "why are they still selling books? They should have all the money in the marketplace".....

Systems have become sophisticated and those available to the public are old, worn & used by so many traders they become moot.....Today's data availability--volume & etc. permit the design of faster signals....in regard to short term trading which I seldom participate, except recently in soybeans, cattle & hogs...I design my own relating to spread relationships, volume at specific levels but requires a considerable amount of input & experience in statistics....on the web site I have a link to SYSTAT which is statistical software & using various methods to determine cycles for each market AS THEY CHANGE..however it is not simple and the software is expensive. In my opinion, the presence of this mass of systems-some remarkably good except they are private-suggests the optimal system may well again be a simple bar chart, or candlesticks combined with MACD then STICK WITH THE PRINCIPLES.

In my experience many traders having some initial success with a system, then lack the patience to stick with the rules and try to anticipate the system which results in trying to pick tops and low points eventually leading to disaster. IMO one of the most important attributes is patience.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)