AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Possible Path
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 4/19/2010 16:58 (#1167555 - in reply to #1167527)
Subject: Re: A Possible Path

While not necessarily promoting a series of necktie parties...I am familiar with the concept of evolution & while I do not believe I am a direct descendant of an ape in mentality (spouse may argue the point)--I have met some folks in my lifetime who possess zero redeeming qualities and are Just Plain NO Good which flies in the face of what my paternal grandmother (strict Methodist) drilled into my mind "always turn the other cheek" ....she never met some of the folks I have met & just because they adorn themselves in a $5,000 suit & Gucci loafers "cuts no ice" with me...most of those types are seldom missed even by their families & while our various governmental units will spend thousands to catch a few "hookers', or a poverty stricken housewife who wrote a bum check, or attempt to ruin the life of some young person guilty of smoking a funny cigarette....where are these overzealous prosecutors in dealing with these blatant thieves? Same old story..they pursue those they can....leave the really big politically connected boys alone. Their attempt to SET AN EXAMPLE with Martha Stewart certainly did not send a meaningful message as far as I am concerned. I believe history does reveal there were a few times when a short burst of anarchy permitted some meaningful progress.

Edited by SeniorCitizen 4/19/2010 17:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)