AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some Realities
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cutncrop
Posted 4/18/2010 11:13 (#1166112 - in reply to #1165554)
Subject: Re: Some Realities

Clarksdale Delta Dixieland
If you really want to watch corruption at its best, get involved in a government contract of any sort. Never having to punch a clock and being self-employed like most of you, I did a little Hurricane clean-up work from 2004 -2006. Talk about opening your eyes to the ways of the world. Everything is a payoff. Everything is a signed contract. All decisions are made by government employees whether they have common sense or not. They hire people that had been flipping hamburgers and gave em a 3 day crash course on debris pickup, and they are automatically experts. Then they bring in the Corp of Engineers to oversee operations and guys from National Parks that study insect behavior are now experts at debris removal. Just blows my mind on some of the decisions they make. None of them would make one without a meeting that night so they wouldnt be responsible on their own. Having worked 7 hurricane cleanups, despite the good money, I have vowed to never work another one. Just way too much bull-----. If these kind of people are what we have in DC, then I will stay as far from there as possible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)