AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where is the OUTRAGE.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 4/13/2010 11:11 (#1160947 - in reply to #1156555)
Subject: RE: Where is the OUTRAGE..... Speculation and the producer

Driftless SW Wisconsin

One possible solution is to stop expecting the markets to be logical and based on real-world conditions and supply/demand etc.

By using the sell a portion of your crop every week at the same time on the same day of the week for 3/4 of the year (nothing at harvest quarter) you can forget about all this stuff.

You will not get rich by selling it all at the top, but you will not take it in the shorts by having to sell it all at the bottom either.

You will ride it up and down but it will average out profitably in long-term data I have seen.

Asking the government to clear the markets of speculation is impossible.  Speculation is what is now holding gas prices up even though there are record supplies and not much increase in demand. Just the way it is.

I do think there need to be some limits to speculation but the specs need to be there to some degree. I think there need to be controls when speculators using leverage can control the world's supply of any basic commodity. This has happen in several noteable case recently.

We just need to play a different game. In our ag case as a producer just ride it up and down and get some sleep nights with the method above. jmho.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 4/13/2010 11:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)