AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Senior
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bherms
Posted 4/11/2010 12:45 (#1158380 - in reply to #1157322)
Subject: Re: Question for Senior

Thanks for the insight into the world you swam in Senior ... most of us just experience getting wet, I'd suppose. :)

Jim Rogers still likes commodities for a longer time period. He hated the USD, but is back in it for now. Figures the China Renminbi will eventually go up. Says we need to get rid of the fed, but won't happen in the near term probably. If treasuries go to 15% this time, will you let us know whether to buy or if the USD is kaput? :)

Oil up must mean corn up? .. and they are talking of renewing ethanol subsidy for 5 years, maybe they'll bump it to a higher percent in gas. Government can't keep propping up the market, so maybe if DOW flops again, commodities will be a last place to hide? Metals are different I guess, but surely grains could catch the ride?

We have inflation in money supply, but maybe if they keep crushing the economy, it won't show up for a bit ... till no one takes our currency. Easy Al left, but Bernanke seems no better, and Volcker mentioned raising taxes, not raising rates. Is he being used to prop up the agenda?

Fortunately I guess, I don't have to worry about moving markets when I trade, and have some aluminum cans saved up for emergencies.

cheers ...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)