AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

here is a thought for kagen's post below .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 4/5/2010 13:42 (#1150885 - in reply to #1150440)
Subject: RE: here is a thought for kagen's post below .

Brazilton KS

The world needs grain.   The usage is constantly increasing.  Wasting a growing season would be completely counter to the interests of society.   It would also be counter to the economic interests of the individual farmer. 

If I planted for an 80 bu corn crop, the price I would get would be exactly the same as if I planted a 150 bu corn crop.  The market does not care how much I produce...it's a drop in the bucket.  

Everyone in any business who sells anything accepts the price the market offers.   If I call for a quote on trucking, if you quote it too high, I don't hire you, I hire someone else.  If I call for a quote on an engine for a pickup, if you quote it too high, I don't buy from you, I buy from someone who will do it cheaper..  If I call for a quote on fertilizer, if you quote it too high, I don't buy it from you, I buy from your competition, or I go up the supply chain and handle it myself.  If you call looking for a job, and tell me you want to make twice what I am willing to pay, I don't hire you.  Everyone except the government is subject to market forces....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)