AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Other markets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 4/3/2010 16:38 (#1148546 - in reply to #1148483)
Subject: RE: Consumer choice vs protectionism

Brazilton KS

Hopefully you know to take my comments as they are....we of course know each other well enough to have a pretty good idea about how each other think, and I think we think pretty much alike here as in most cases.   I don't disagree with someone making choices between economically 'equal' choices on any basis they choose.  I also do not disagree with discounting something because of quality differences, or even the perception of quality differences.  For that matter, I do not disagree with someone making informed decisions which seem to defy economic logic, if that is what they choose to do.  I do, however, draw the line when it is suggested to mandate such behavior (which is NOT what you were saying, I know

Going further, however, I ask if it is logical to favor US made products which may be produced by someone who has a completely different world view from mine, and who does absolutely nothing to advance my business...and likely even interferes politically with the way I would like to see things handled... just because they are in the USA, instead of favoring products which are made by someone somewhere else in the world who is perhaps buying my grain, and who is certainly not promoting things which are detrimental to me in the political arena?   You don't see it here, but on other discussion forums you see people told not to buy anything which is produced by a company which is non-union......personally, if I were going to use that condition as a deciding factor, it would be to give preference to the non-union company,  because the union company is (indirectly) constantly supporting political efforts which are counter to my interests.  At least a foreign producer would be politically neutral toward my interests....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)