AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

According to this article, grains going higher.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

djmcountryboy
Posted 3/31/2010 23:12 (#1145495 - in reply to #1145364)
Subject: RE: According to this article, grains going higher.

Mascoutah, Illinois
I am curious if Goldman Sachs got a wiff of this article today or they were talking their book. G.S. said commodity prices will become very volatile as supplies shrink in the near term.

I have been saying for the past year that technology will be the driving catalyst to end our civilization. People don't leave their computer to exercise but to grab another soft drink and some more junk food. Obesity is our next "cancer" and the cure to supress it is not in the cards. Healthcare costs will go higher. Despite all the cheering and pom pon waving of our government, obesity WILL wreck our healthcare system as we know it.

If you want to couple in another weak jobs report on Friday which the experts missed by a mile, jobs aren't being created. Many forecasters were looking for job growth "north" of 200,000. ADP announced today the labor force contracted by 23,000.

We will see how the next round of government treasury sales go next week with, I believe, a near record $100 billion up for grabs. If it doesn't go well, you could see the unraveling start to this whole charade. It may start as a tiny crack in the foundation and best of luck finding a way to stop it.

The FED has a difficult dilemna. They need rates to stay low to help housing and to keep the interest on our debt somewhat manageable. Good luck with that one "Helicopter Ben." You need a strong dollar to buy you more time and the Euro Zone has provided it for you. I hope you send a few Christmas cards their way this year. If we can't grow the labor force, the dollar will weaken as folks once again may put the "double dip" back on the table. Ben, if you thread the needle and this all works out you should be the "MAN OF THE CENTURY." I hope it does!!! However, I am a "Doubting Thomas" and I work in the "Show Me State."

It's not a matter of "if" this thing implodes, it is a matter of "when."

Don't worry folks!!! The mailman will come again tomorrow with our next entitlement check and things will be fine for a few more days. The day he or she doesn't show up, well..... I guess we will have to wait and see. That day is coming whether we like it or not.

Edited by djmcountryboy 3/31/2010 23:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)