AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need a good gomer bull...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Markwright
Posted 3/28/2010 14:23 (#1140423 - in reply to #1140353)
Subject: RE: Mark, 10 to 100

New Mexico
bunches is best...granted you can synch as many as you can sleeve per day.
If your gonna do alot of em, 300 head per day on sleeve day is about as hard as you can push a crew.

Good crew can sleeve say 30 head per hour. End of the week, they all talk like their arms fell off too.

on your deal...ie cows: My thinking is they'll probably come to bunks in the pasture for say a 2 lb treat of shelled corn per day with mga pellets mixed in.
I'm also thinking you perhaps have pretty large frame size cattle...so that helps with the afore.

The daily mga dose is vital to making the synch work.

OR throw em in a feedlot setting for the 2 weeks of mga feeding ( works great on cows and calves too...however it's WAY best to put a creep gate up so your calves can use a pasture outside the dirt lot ).

Problem with synching on early season grass...is it can be a real pain to to get em to eat a cake or corn treat...they ALL just want the grass.

In my area here we have a NICE ( big pens ..sandy, all decent S slope ) feedlot type facility with 20,000 head of extra pen space where we can synch as many as we want, timed however we want ( small or large bunches ).

Edited by Markwright 3/28/2010 14:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)