AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SURE PROGRAM, CALL YOUR SENATORS!!!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 3/15/2010 21:46 (#1122192 - in reply to #1117377)
Subject: Re: SURE PROGRAM, CALL YOUR SENATORS!!!!!!!

Hey Mickie,

(Sounds like a 1980's Song!!)

We looked at buying in on some Safflower and Oats we had as experimental crops but for ME as a whole I decided not to as I did not see a benefit (pre stimulus).......when the 2nd buy in was anounced in Feb 2009 along with the fact Stimulus money was being added I considered it but had no knowledge of how much/if the Stimulus would effect payments........again on ME as whole...........what I was more concerned about were my individual landlords interest as the 5% rule on non insured crops hit them harder for eligibility........we discussed paying the additional buyins for NAP coverage but noone elected to.........my main beef is when the Stimulus money was added, why should a decision to buy in HAVE TO BE MADE when noone knows how the Stimulus would effect the program?

On the second question, that printout I posted a copy of came directly from FSA's website. There in agains lays the problem, NOBODY knew how the Stimulus would effect them, that is my whole beef...........

Hopefully things are working OK for you Corn and Soybean guys, which is what SURE is designed for............when you get into diversified crops/forages. etc it gets a lot more ticklish..................I had a conversation today about CRC/HPO prices and Yield plugs and people at FSA wernt sure what I was talking about........all I can say is you better check the downloads RMA is sending FSA and make sure they are correct and make sure FSA is using them correctly.....Thats the other thing that scares me about SURE is nobody is adequatley trained for it, (FSA) and through no fault of their own either......

Hopefully it will work out in the end .............but I doubt it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)