AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ACRE story
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 3/12/2010 12:50 (#1117064 - in reply to #1116836)
Subject: RE: MSU Is not lliving up to it's .....

LAND GRANT UNIVERSITY Mission Statement and it has not for quite some time. I am a 1988 AgBus Graduate from MSU Bozeman and am not real impressed with MSU as of late......

As far as ACRE, am also a wheat farmer in Liberty Co. Montana.......I really went back and forth in my mind as to sign up for ACRE last year or not.....finally decided not to as the Yield/Price issue as well as the 30% reduction in Loan Rates really did not "sit well" with me.....was it the right decision? Well I did get $1.48 on my Durum LDP.......but what about going forward in 2010 and beyond? If the 30% decrease in effective loan rate could somehow be mitigtated, think I might sign up.

Of course I am the "Want my Cake and eat it too" kind of a guy.

Back to MSU, we have basically LOST all of our reserach ability, it is ALL in private hands now,,,,,,priced seed varieties latley????? Dont give a crap about incentives for private industry research, it is SUPPOSED TO BE DONE BY LAND GRANT UNIVERSITIES which are funded by STATE INCOME/PROPERTY TAXES among other sources..................pisses me off MSU is NOT LIVING UP TO ITS MISSION STATEMENT!!!!!!!

Ok, I feel better now...........

Buckwheat

MSU BOZEMAN AGBUS class of 1988
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)