AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cotton market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bollpuller
Posted 3/12/2010 07:14 (#1116622 - in reply to #1115330)
Subject: Re: cotton market

Grandfield, Ok.
Here is my GUESS on the cotton market: As always it can go from chicken to feathers in a hurry and the world has a tendenacy to overproduce quickly. (1) West Texas is in the best moisture shape in years. (2) Much of the delta,the southeast and central Texas are running late on corn planting so beans and cotton are the next choices, with bean prices trying to tank there will be alot of juggling going on for acreage. 75-80 cent futures may buy some cotton acreage this spring, if so barring a west texas drought the price will go down come fall and harvest. West Texas weather is an extremist kind of thing and can change drasticlly as the locals say when it is rainng straight down in buckets: "This is how the worst drought in my life started". In other words it can get real dry real quick. (3) prices will flop around trending sideways to slightly up until the plantings report in about may and then start sliding is my guess. (4) You never go broke taking a profit. (5) this is exactly worth what it cost you.

Edited by bollpuller 3/12/2010 07:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)