AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

March 10 crop report
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

captplaid
Posted 3/7/2010 09:36 (#1108540 - in reply to #1108467)
Subject: Re: March 10 crop report

Ottawa, Illinois
What was it Last August they said record crop. October they said record crop. January they said record crop. All along I kept expecting them to say a large portion of the crop is late, it's green as can be but late. I kept expecting them to say Ohio is lacking rain, but they never said any ov it. All they say is "great crop" Acres were snowed iat mid December and they still were talking about record crop. Heck, there are still a handful of acres out there and they still call it a record crop.

My point is, the USDA has lost touch with reality. It's time to quit using logic and looking out the window. The government is going to say it wasw a record crop. The government is not going to notice the late plantings, the late harvest, the light test weights, or high moistures.

...OR The conspiracy theories in me says the government did a favor to CHina with the last crop report. China has taken advantage of it and shown surprising demand. The correction is made now and China quites buying because the have enough.

In whatever case, I don't think the crop is there. It never was there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)