AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Something That Needs to Be Understood
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 3/1/2010 21:33 (#1100424 - in reply to #1100098)
Subject: Re: Something That Needs to Be Understood

North Central Illinois
I pretty much agree. A spanking is something a parent hates to hand out but sometimes it is necessary. My parents were spankers but only when called for and not viscious. I'll bet I can count on one hand the number of real spankings that I ever got. The reason I never got anymore was that I knew what would happen if I got out of line. It wasn't that the spanking itself was that horrible, it was the fact of knowing that I had disappointed my folks enough or screwed up bad enough to have my britches warmed. Disappointing my folks hurt more than the spankings. I did fear the spankings to a certain extent also. Kids today have no fear of anything. Heck you can go to Walmart anyday and watch some lady showing her kids how to count. You know what I mean. "I'm going to count to five and you better stop it". She counts and the kids totally ignore her because they know there will be reprecussions. If I talked back or sassed while in a store my dad would take me to the restroom and bust my butt. So would my mom. Don't get me wrong. I got grounded, sent to my room etc., but there was nothing quite like the ultimate threat of a good old fashioned spanking hanging in the air to straighten a guy up in a hurry. I have spanked my kids only a handful of times and they are turning out to be well adjusted polite young adults.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)