AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

importance of vacation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gromit
Posted 2/28/2010 12:05 (#1098001 - in reply to #1097970)
Subject: RE: importance of vacation

Lac qui Parle County Minnesota
It wasn't much of a vacation. My brother wanted to completely renovate his kitchen. So he flew myself, my nephew and our other brother in to help. He kind of worked us like a dog. We completely gutted the kitchen and joining living room area. Did a rework of a lot of electrical and plumbing, new sheet rock, taping and mudding, sanding, priming, painting, cabinet installation, lighting, etc. Finished up our share last Thursday. A lot of 8am -8pm days with one overnighter (had to get cabinets in for the granite countertop guy to come and measure). Finally took Friday off before our flight back yesterday.
So not much time for sightseeing. Did go Friday out to the newer Smithonian museum out at Dulles. Huge building with a lot of aircraft. Too tired to thoroughly enjoy it. We did get to go out one night to the Ruddy Duck brewery/restaurant. Great variety of beers (some pretty strong and a little too smooth). Also went to a great little restaurant , Fabulous Brew Cafe. Oh, yeah, I got to visit your local Home Depot 4 times and Lowes twice, and Sneads Ace Hardware more times than I could count.
Nice area but cant imagine driving machinery around. Must have been a big tobacco area, with all the old tabacco barns around. It would be interesting to visit a few farms in that area. From all the Hope to get out there somtime when its much warmer.

Edited by Gromit 2/28/2010 12:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)