AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remodeling cost!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

GangGreen
Posted 2/28/2010 08:31 (#1097680 - in reply to #1091000)
Subject: RE: Remodeling cost!

Eastern Iowa
Bathrooms and kitchens are the most expensive rooms to re-do. We did a kitchen 4 years ago, wrecked it out ourselves, did some of the wiring pulls and light fixtures, and got it done for just over $15 grand.

Looking at a bathroom re-do and really can't get a handle on what the costs are going to be. Cost calculators you find online vary greatly when you start talking about moving the tub toilet and bath all around, moving walls, etc. Somewhere in the $5000 to $15000 neighborhood, if you can trust them. But I'd like a better estimate than that.

I can wreck stuff really well. Just look at my farm. But we want it built back up nice when it's all done. Looking at it, I just cant see it costing much more than 5000 bucks. An old rule of thumb used to be to price all the materials you were going to put into it and then double it for a reasonable estimate. If that's the case, $6000 should be around the max.

Contractors don't really want to be specific when it comes down to dollars on a remod job in an old farm house, which is understandable, I guess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)